Easy and delicious, this cheese onion pepper omelette is a great brunch idea that does not require baking or turning. Serve alone for a low carb breakfast, enjoy with fruit or your favorite bread.
About the cheese:
For this recipe, I really enjoy muenster cheese or grated chihuahua (Mexican melting cheese). If you do use muenster, two thin slices cut in small pieces will do for this recipe. Experiment with different types of cheese and peppers to find what works for you!
Easy brunch: cheese, onion and pepper omelette
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cubanelle or bell pepper
- 1/4 medium size onion
- 1/4 cup grated cheese of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Chop the bell pepper and onion in small pieces.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the salt and the milk.
- On a medium frying pan, heat up the olive oil on medium.
- Add the pepper and onion and stir until onions become transparent.
- Add the beaten eggs, following with the grated cheese.
- Cover the pan and lower the fire to medium low.
- Cooked covered for 8 minutes or until all of the egg has solidified.
- Carefully place omelette on a chopping block.
- Cut and serve.