This gluten free banana bread combines a mix of brown rice/tapioca flour, coconut flour, almond meal and flax seed meal for a delicious twist to this all time favorite. This gluten free banana bread recipe does not use nuts, but you are welcome to add them for a crunchier, heartier slice.
Using chia seed gel
This recipe uses traditional cooking oil and eggs, but these can be substituted for chia seed gel. Add 1 tea-spoon of chia seeds to 1/4 cup of water, stir with a spoon and allow 10 minutes or so to form into a gel. Add this mixture to your recipes. This website has other recommendations for using chia seeds in common recipes. Now back to the bread:
Gluten free banana bread
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour brown rice/tapioca flour mix
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil also works with coconut oil and other mild tasting oils
- 1/2 tea-spoon salt
- 1 tea-spoon baking soda
- 1 tea-spoon baking powder
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tea-spoon ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well with a fork or whisk.
- On a separate bowl, mash the peeled bananas to form a paste. Add the two eggs and mix well.
- Add the banana and egg mixture to the dry ingredients, as well as the oil or chia seed gel if you are substituting. Mix well and pour into greased baking sheet for baking.
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes. You will know your bread is done if you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out dry.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.