Ground pork is one of my favorite ingredients in the kitchen because it is easy to work with, cooks quickly and pairs well with grains, vegetables and legumes. Ground pork is also one of the few meats my daughter, who is a picky eater, will eat. I get it, it is easy to chew :-).
This pork with mixed vegetables recipe gets the nickname “primavera” because the assortment of colors in this dish reminds me of Spring. Another one of my recipes that uses ground pork and mixed vegetables is Mapo Tofu Raimbow.
Ground pork with mixed vegetables
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 slices of fresh ginger about 1 teaspoon
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt as needed
- Wash and chop all the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Slice the ginger thinly. Crush and chop the garlic.
- On a wok or large frying pan, add the oil and allow it to heat on medium high.
- Add the garlic, ginger and onions and stir.
- Add the pork and stir. Cover for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, tomatoes and pepper and stir. Cover for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and salt to taste (in increments of 1/2 teaspoon). Stir for another minute.
- Serve with plain rice. Enjoy!