Try this simple recipe of stir fried Chinese broccoli (Gai Lan) as a side dish to your meals to get your necessary greens. Ready in minutes. Easy print recipe.
Gai Lan, also known as Chinese broccoli, is in the same species as broccoli, but the two vegetables are different in looks and taste. You may commonly see Gai Lan on many a dim sum table in Chinatowns around the world. This leafy green is popular in many Asian countries, and can be steamed, stir fried, and boiled.
Stir fried Chinese broccoli (Gai Lan)
- 1 lb. Chinese broccoli Gai Lan
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Wash the Chinese broccoli and leave whole. Drain any excess water.
- Crush and chop the garlic. Finely grate the ginger.
- On a wok or deep-frying pan, add the oil and allow it to heat on high.
- Add the ginger and garlic, stirring quickly.
- Add the Chinese broccoli and stir. Cover for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and add the salt. Stir and add the sesame oil.
- Serve as a side dish to plain rice, or your favorite protein.