A popular tapas and dim sum dish, bible tripe can also be prepared with vegetables for a hearty meal.
Braised bible tripe with vegetables
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. cleaned bible tripe
- 10 Trader Joe's tiny potatoes or 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic or 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
Cut the tiny potatoes in half or cube the medium potatoes. Slice the carrot and chop the onion. Chop the tomatoes in 1x1 inch cubes.
On a medium sauce pan, add half of the olive oil. Allow to warm on medium heat and add the onions.
Add the bible tripe and stir.
Add the garlic.
Add the tomatoes, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, the butter, the remaining oil and the water. Cover for 5 more minutes.
Add the carrots and cover for 10 minutes.
Add the salt and cilantro and stir.
Allow to simmer uncovered for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Serve alone or with plain rice.